Essence Hip Girls Wear Blue Jeans | Swatches | Review

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

I absolutely love Essence brand nail polish. It is very affordable and has various beautiful shades. And of course, once a new collection of Essence polish comes out, I need to get it ASAP. This time its the Hip Girls Wear Blue Jeans collection. The name is quite specific, but this collection carries 4 beautiful shades. Each polish cost me €1.99 , thus I paid €7.96 for the whole collection.


First, lets talk about the brush. The brush is quite long and slim, I do prefer a wider brush for easier application, like Essence color&go series brushes, they also have a rounded off bottom, which also eases the application. So in my honest opinion, the brush could have been better, but then its not absolutely bad.
01 Start the Blue Rebellion is a beautiful denim blue shade with a sand texture. This is an absolute one coater and dries very quickly. The formula is absolutely amazing, can be applied with ease, no brush strokes at all. I am an absolute sucker for blue hues so I definitely see myself wearing this polish in the future. The following pictures feature the polish in 1 coat.
02 Cute but Cool is an apricot color with super tiny pink shimmer. Not really a fan of the formula, it is one of those polishes that tends to pick up the bottom coat when you go in for the second or the third coat, even if the coat underneath is 100% dry. Has a semi matt finish. The following pictures feature the polish in 3 coats.
03 Show Me What You Got is a bright, 'in your face' fuchsia shade. Almost a one coater, if you tend to apply your nail polish in thicker coats. Ultra glossy, the formula was good, no complaints. The following pictures feature the polish in 2 coats.
04 Don't be Shy is a beautiful powder blue shade with a matte finish. Opaque in 2 coats. Formula was pretty good for a matte polish, since matte polishes sometimes tend to dry up and string while you're still painting your nail. The following pictures feature the polish in 2 coats.

Overall, the collection is beautiful, I definitely see myself wearing both of the blue shades, might consider the apricot shade, because the color is definitely pretty, but the formula is not the most pleasant one to work with. The fuchsia shade is beautiful, but not quite my color. Might consider it for my pedicures though.

Do you own any of these nail polishes? Do you plan on getting any? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 komentāri

Subscribe